Thursday, May 15, 2014

Know your circle..

Just as I was about to begin typing this I got a call from someone who reviewed my blog in the newspaper today! Goodness.. the pressure is really on when the newspaper reviews a blog that you think no one reads! Also she called be inconsistent.. trust me, I have been called far worse in the papers, so this was not really a diss.. but in fact the truth - which I said in my last blog that I would not be anymore!

Anyway, I wanted to blog about the circle today.. you know.. the circle of people that you choose to surround yourself with. There are a lot of memes with quotes on 'know your circle' or 'keep your circle small' etc - it is true - you need to know your circle and as one meme says, and I quote (we have come a long way since quoting Shakespeare, right?) "Keep your circle small, the less friends you have, the less bullshit you deal with.."

Fact is that people are very good at pretending on your face. Fair enough, I am not here to judge no one! But if you are really real with yourself and accept that not everyone likes you and that not everyone matters - then you can be far happier in your life.
I used to assume that everyone liked me. It took a lot to find out that this was not always the case. It hurt when I heard that people I took into confidence had betrayed my confidence and bitched about me, even used what I said against me.

But it made me the person I am today. I shrug my shoulders at it and put it down to experience. Right now I have surrounded myself by fierce and fabulous people! At work I am surrounded by strong minded and creative people who are fun to be around and are ready to work and very good at what they do. I am inspired.
In my family I am surrounded by people who care less for the opinions of others and give me unconditional love as I do them. I am loved.
With my friends I am surrounded by women who are brave, feisty, fashionable, courageous and all around funky. They are confident and uplift each other - they have no time to bitch about anyone because they are too busy loving their lives. Most of them are mothers and they are bringing up their children with the same values and standards. They balance it all - looking good, doing good and being good - and I love that about them. I am humbled.

Bottom line is - if their is crap in your life - you do not need to hesitate to flush it away.. that is why the flush was invented! I may be called big headed, a snob, a bitch - whatevs, fact is I am now very particular about who I surround myself with. I make absolutely no apologies for this.

My advice to you is to do the same.. know your circle, be loyal to it and be choosy about who you associate with. Envelop yourself in good energy - always!

Have a fab weekend.

Think Pink
Pinky
x

No comments: