Thursday, November 24, 2011

Desi Girl

Desi - slang for Indian. As I type this am watching the video for a song titled 'Desi Girl' - at its time it was a huge track and the movie it was in was also a huge success. The song is about 4 years old now and I have my own lil desi girl - Ariyana.

I had stopped blogging for a while because I couldn't think of what to blog about and to be honest I had wanted to announce my second pregnancy, but instead am writing about my third miscarriage. I know sad, questionable even - I mean three is quite a big number. But I am ok, getting over it bit by bit. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have my lil angel Ariyana in my life. I am focusing on counting my blessings. I have plenty!

So 2011 has been a year of contradictions. Things were meant to happen but didn't materialize and I fell in love with being a mama. My TV show landed on the shelf and I am wondering if I should ask for payment for the shows I did do. On the upside I got cast in Changes, the MNET TV show - its a bit part, I play Gina who has a good role, I feel. In this season I am in two episodes and I shot episode 7 and had such a ball doing it.

I have no idea what 2012 has in store for us. I know I need to shed light on EPW and how a woman can handle it, otherwise why would it keep happening to me - for a reason, to be a source of inspiration and comfort. I had a fantastic opportunity that opened up for me and should come through by Jan next year, fingers crossed. What are your plans for 2012?

Just thought I would update you so you don't stop reading my blog and when I am more inspired I will write more and be more interesting, promise..
Have a good one

1 comment:

Sal said...

Don't have anything more uplifting myself so just a simple 'Hang in there.'