Monday, July 27, 2015

Pink Power Thoughts

It has been forever and more, a few hours and plus or minus a couple of seconds since I last blogged.
I have even forgotten what it is like to put finger to keyboard and start typing out whatever comes to mind.

So the past weekend was a historic one, right? I was so bummed that I did not use my connections to meet POTUS. I really wish I had. I could have been there along with SautiSol or Wandia doing the Lipala Dance or shaking his hand. I am so so bummed! But, it was not meant to be. I loved that the capital city was more or less at a standstill and just glued to his every move.
I have a feeling POTUS may want to retire in Kenya after he is done being POTUS. Something about how his sister introduced him and all his Kenyan references in the speeches he made me stop and go hmmm.. perhaps a selfie with him may not be so hard to get after all. We may just end up shopping at the same Nakumatt one day..

Anyway, so where have you been?! I have been busy being mama of 2. I love it, but the job requires you being on your toes at all times. Dropping (imaginary) state dinner invites and cocktail gowns in the exchange of pyjamas, warm socks, cartoons on TV for the pre schooler and dribble and drool all over my chest from the baby is my ideal way of spending a Saturday night these days. I love being mum of 2, there is nothing like it.

Speaking babies, I am planning a baby shower for my BFF who is due with her.. wait for it.. fourth, yes fourth child. I know, how awesome is she? It is hard work but some women pull it off better than others. I love party planning. All the little details that go into making a day special are so fun. There is so much to do. I think I love baby showers most because you can do such fun things to let this little being know that they are special and their due date excites not only the parents but friends and family too. Life is pretty incredible.

Incredible things happen when you vibrate and think on an incredible level. On Saturday night after I stalked SautiSol on instagram and I saw Obama dance I had a eureka moment. I am a strong believer in the law of attraction. If you want to know how you think, look at your life right now. Chances are your thought brought you to this moment right here. My thoughts brought me to a night in with kids and SautiSols thoughts brought them to making the most powerful man in the world get up and boogie to their music. A Kenyan-American thoughts made him the most powerful man in the world.

What are you thinking? Make your thoughts power thoughts. Hold on to them. If it means you want a family that love you and you love them unconditionally and that is what your power thought is, hold on to it. If you want to be acknowledged the world over and sing and dance and have the public stop you and ask you for autographs and have the president of your country invite you to his place to perform for another president, then hey - it can be a reality. If you feel you want to run the world, no matter what your race, your background or who you are - if you think power thoughts, more often than not, you will attract it.

I am constantly checking on my thoughts. I filter a lot of what I allow into my space because what you allow into your space and slowly consume you. Be careful what you think and of course what you speak  - you are creating your future.

How is it that whenever I set out to blog and just have a casual pow wow with you, I always end up lecturing you? Forgive me..
I am working on something mega exciting by the way.. this is the reason I am blogging again.. watch this space.. it will be FANTASTIC! Fruition of a power thought.

Missed you!
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very uplifting and inspiring

Anonymous said...

our thoughts equate the quality of our lives! spot on Pinky!

Unknown said...

Your piece is rather soft and breezy.In fact,I'm looking forward to a proper lecture now that you have insisted you have offered pne in your article.Otherwise,your joyous look at things you do and intend to do is infectious.