Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Roberto Cavalli...

So here I am a year older. It feels different. I feel more confident in my skin, I have stopped the need to people please as I know my worth and most importantly I am grateful for the life I have had and what is in store for me! Thank you for the birthday wishes and the special messages that came through to me via twitter, facebook (or as it is now known as- stalkerbook) and text messages or phone calls.

I had a blast. The reason; I didn't plan anything with anyone but myself and whoever wanted to was very free to join me. I have to say by the end of the day, alongside my very pish posh friends and family, I celebrated with the Pratts, Gecagas, Gichurus and Martha Karua herself. How cool am I. Of course, this just meant I was in the right place at the right time with the Wokabis, Patels, Sehmis and Ghelanis! Oh look, there is me, name dropping! One more name I must drop is Roberto Cavalli as he too made an appearance at my celebrations through his Vodka, sent from a special friend. How cool am I?

But my week was full of the celebs. I wined and whined with Jeff Koinange. He is a cool dude. No matter what anyone says, he is who he is and has achieved plenty! It is so nice to hang out with like minded individuals. We had such a laugh over 4pm glasses of wine, mid week! Then I got to lunch with Caroline Mutoko who is also such a fun babe. I remember once at Kiss FM I walked in for my shift and made a comment about me being hungry - as you do when at work. Chick ordered me a box full of donuts that I could munch away on for the next four hours. Say what you may, but only a good person does that.

I partied on Friday and my daughter partied on Saturday. She was invited to party after party, not bad for a 16 month old. It is ok when mommy is ushering her to all the parties, I am sure I won't be this excited about her social life when she hits 16! So, the gossip at one of the parties caught me off guard totally! So, a few weeks ago I did a show stopper at a fashion show at Zen Garden. I enjoyed it, in fact another celeb, Fareed Khimani did my ego some good when he introduced me on stage, it was fun.
Turns out, according to word about the crowd (or may be one unhappy individual), someone should have come backstage to 'tell pinky to pull her stomach in as it is bulging'. Shock! Eh! Errr, I think when am on stage, wearing something that reveals my stomach, I suck it in- even though I do not need to. Sorry to sound like an arrogant beeyach, but I work hard on my body and I am not in denial nor do I like lying to myself, but I know my stomach was not bulging. Even if it was - I stopped the show, not the person who made that comment!

Sometimes things are said that make me SMHOL- shake my head out loud, for lack of a better term. The older I get the more I get that people will say whatever, whenever. Sometimes just to make them feel better about their own lives. Whatever, fact is that I have worked to get where I am, to be able to name drop and sip some Roberto Cavalli Vodka and to get up on stage and do my thing when asked to. Like it or lump it!
Happy Birthday to me..here's to saggy bits and bobs that I am working toward cosmetically enhance!

No comments: