Monday, July 25, 2011

News n Nonsense

So, J.Lo announced her separation, a meteor fell from the sky in a rural part of Kenya, Norway was bombed, Amy Winehouse died and in Kisumu they turn thugs into grass eating animals- the things that make the news. I stopped watching the news and even stopped reading the paper (I only buy the nation for the crossword) because it is filled with all things negative and to be honest I do not want to be surrounded with depressing stories because I would rather live in a world filled with good, positive vibes.
My husband always screams at me about not being in the know. You see there was a time when I could summarize a Newsweek or a Time in 30 minutes to you I was very aware about who raped who, which killer said what about a Kenyan musician, and how a certain person killed his wife's lover and handed the genitals to the police. But I am past that. I know that what you surround yourself with you will attract. So I choose not to know about inflation and drug overdoses, or famine and train crashes.
It is my world so it is my choice. It may change after a while but for now - I am quite content.

So this is how the week has started off - nice and sunny this morning. Last weeks blog brought about me chatting about 'death' - so we will have none of that. Instead I will just fill you in on the nonsense that is my life. I call it nonsense because to me, it is my life, but to you - you may think - WTF! And I am reading this looney crap? Like sometimes I watch the Kardashians or Jerseylicious (yep, instead of the news) and I think to myself what nonsense! But it is 'reality' TV. It is about their lives; how Kim doesn't touch a drink and how Khloe ignored her at a party and how Kourtney and Scott did it in the bathroom. Or how Tracy yelled and spat at Olivia and how Alexa bitched about Gayle and then cried about it (may be I watch it a bit too much). We all know it is scripted because otherwise it wouldn't be as interesting. I mean, how much of reality is 'interesting'. Like right now, if a camera were following me, they would catch me in my PJS, sitting in an unmade bed, sipping my green tea, clicking away at a computer. Of course, if they wanted to make it interesting - they would script in a phone call and I would be bitching about someone who would eventually find out and we would have a big blow up later on..
I go off tangent...hmm..where were we? Hmmm, oh yah, my week..

So the TV show I am working on - sort of on hold at the moment. Do not know why. I will find out and keep you posted. I may be doing a photo shoot for a new line of sexy stuff - again have to be vague, cannot reveal all just yet. We are in negotiations. Also may get a gig in the USA for a something. Gosh, it is hard to keep you posted as I talk in parables.

Aah! There was a wedding this weekend - but I only made it to the actual wedding - you know Asian weddings, they go on for like 10 days - and here is me, only showing up for the one function. But that is pretty much all I have to say about that -ooh, to spice it up,  I can tell you that the family of the groom is an ex-boyfriends family and also relatives; my cousin married his cousin. But that is kind of where that story ends. Weddings - I like getting dressed up and going for these do's - it is just so nice to people watch. The dressing up takes a lot out of you. I cannot imagine being there for all the functions, my wardrobe is not big enough. Raj always rolls his eyes when I say I have nothing to wear and my wardrobes are full. The thing is I cannot do repeats. I have learned that from being in the media - people remember what you wore, when you wore and how you wore it and you know - people like to say 'doesn't she have anything else to wear?' when they see you do a repeat outfit. I try and make the most of my outfits, the good thing is there are many different circles I roam in, so chances of me being seen in an outfit twice is rare. But I am cautious. Let's be honest, a woman can never have enough clothes or shoes..
Moving on, I tell you what I did do too much of this weekend- Artcafe. Artcafe is a restaurant in a popular mall and I was there for a meeting on Friday and then a girlie lunch on Saturday and then a family lunch on Sunday. I like their Rose and their food - but there is overkill and I think I may avoid the place for a while to come.

There was so much I wanted to share but now that I am sat here I cannot really think of much - must be the Monday blues or the fact that the brain is slowing down (too much frickin reality TV). Let's see this week may be more interesting in the world of Pink - if it is - I will share all in next weeks blog. Until then, you have a wonderful week, stay amazing and love yourself.

No comments: