Monday, July 18, 2011

Me and Robin Sharma..or is it Robin Sharma and I?

So here is the deal; I got asked for an interview by the only Asian newspaper in town. At first I was slightly hesitant, long story, but because of the writer I agreed to go for it. I acted (key word) like a bit of a drama queen, I mean I know a lot of people call me a bitch, and well, I may as well live up to the reputation. But honest, the writer is a good person and has worked hard to be where she is, am glad that it was her who did my story and she did a good job. Plus I got to share the cover with one Robin Sharma. I saw something coming, I mean, I cannot hog the limelight.. You had be there for a certain part of my life to get it.
Anyway, long story short, thanks to Rav, you did a fantastic job!

Ah yes, if you read all my blogs, you will see that every now and then someone in my life passes away. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to trivialize death. Quite the contrary. My mums brother passed away last week. I am sad because in a way it is an end of an era. On the other hand, with all my soul searching and my faith in the way things work, I know that this is the journey we will all travel and all we can do is hope that ours is peaceful and easy when the time comes. Uncle Dini was a part of my life; birthday parties, events, dinners, weddings, etc - he was always there. He was a dog lover, in fact he got me my first dog who was my best friend (as they are). I say, may your soul RIP, I know you are happy as you have met those who departed before you and I know you will always be with your family in spirit.
At the funeral, as much as they remind me of loved ones I have lost, I could not cry - not to say that I was forcing it - but all I found myself doing is praying and at one point planning my funeral - I made a mental note to write it down, how I would want things to go.
The reality is, we all must go, the not knowing when is scary but just means that we must all live well, tell people that matter to us that we love them and make a difference in a strangers life, even if it is with just a simple smile.

Wouldn't it totally freak your freak if I pass away like a week from today and then people will say -' its like she saw it coming, did you read her blog?' - that would be a great way to generate some traffic for the blog. Agreed, death is no laughing matter - but we still should be ready to laugh, its healthy!
(and she said we should laugh....sniff...)

So, I am in the middle of planning some photoshoots, chasing monies owed to me (I hate that), ignoring random texts from losers of the past and enjoying the company of my two doggies and my baby girl. She is so the best thing in the world (yes, they should make a t-shirt with that slogan for all mothers).  I love her company and watching what sort of a human being she is turning out to be. I tell you, she is exhausting though - her energy levels are super high and she is  very determined.
Ooh it is Raj's birthday today. I baked him a cake (not the boxed ones you get at the supermarket - a proper, butter and sugar, cake). I also made him breakfast and a steak dinner and have been pampering him and spoiling him. Raj is a simple dude and he is a blessing. I love having him in my life- I am one lucky lady! Yep, and before you ask - I am so not a domestic Godess - I can cook, I don't love it, so me being in the kitchen is a BIG deal.

How is going with the airplanking you ask? Well, we are trying to master the art. I have not photographed mine yet.. I know Gupz did, will have to send you the link and I know Suede is the guru, so follow him @iamsuede on twitter to learn. Btw, planking is a yoga position - it gives you amazing abs - it is to be done on a yoga mat on the floor - not somewhere where you can fall asleep or plummet to your death! Just an FYI.

Random - I got a strange what's app message from someone (famous) who tried to tell me about someone else (has been) which was so eh to me. Thought I would share, think they need attention. RANDOM!

Thanks for reading the nonsense..btw, the blog got a mention in the interview I did, way to go blog!
Until the next one - comment, skype, bbm, text, what's app, fb or tweet but be in touch (coz you know, this could be my last week alive...)

1 comment:

Anurag Shekhawat said...

Whats with all this death talk? You got a sweet kid, a great husband, amazing bro..and fantastic friends like me to enjoy living..Cant have satisfied all your deisres yet to want to leave this wonderful world and go someplace else..All in good time dear...Let the person managing this world do his job and live till its time to go....So lets have some lively info on your future blogs...or else a spanking is due..even if you are married, i can still spank my little sis cant I???