Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My first Kiss...

'Habari yako, tume tumwa ku kuuwe, bona unaongeya juu yangu? Thafadali piga simu tu ongeye' or something like that was the gist of the text message that I suppose was meant to be a death threat. At least they were nic enough to say 'habari yako' - Kiswahili for 'how are you?' and 'thafadali' - Kiswahili for 'please'.
My thoughts are, if you are going to hurt me, you are not going to warn me - forewarned is forearmed, but then again, the person on the other end of the sms seemed polite enough to give me a heads up - his mother must have raised him well (aside from the fact that he may actually kill people).

I can joke and laugh about it, but it is unnerving and sends a chill down your spine to receive a message like that. So I started to think, who would want me dead? I smiled because I could not count the number! Perhaps it was the person I shared my first kiss with. He was this hot Egyptian dude who had broken up with his very hot Indonesian girlfriend and needed a rebound girl. Guess who he set his eyes on - yup, monobrow me, who would have never got  kissed in high school had it not been for him. I remember him taking my good friend for a walk around the field to ask her if she could ask me if at 'hometime' I would meet him at the corner of the field for a snog. I (shamefully) did not play hard to get and at 3.00pm was there all ready. It wasn't what I thought it would be, kind of too wet for my liking and then it was over in perhaps 5 seconds.
Dude and his hot gf were back together the next day and they went back to ignoring me. Oh, why would he want me dead? Well you see, at the time of the kiss, I wore braces - the plate type - not the railway tracks and when he jammed his tongue in my mouth my first instinct was to close my mouth - I am not sure, but I think I may have hurt him!

If it's not him then may be it was the waiter I got into a fist fight with once. You see, we had gone out for lunch - the lady askari had directed us to park here instead of parking there and when we ate lunch and were ready to leave, the car was blocked. So I picked up a fight with the lady and asked her why she didn't direct the blocker the way she directed us (blockees) and she gave me a bit of attitude. To cut a long story short, it ended up being a melee and a waiter gave me a serious upper cut. I remember it hurt - my eyes were open but I couldn't see anything - that kind of humbled me and removed a serious chip off my shoulder. Hmmm.. so ya, I can rule him out - am sure he and I finished our issues there and then.
 
Who else? Let's see - there are some people I don't really care for in my life. They are in my life by default and that does not mean that I need to like them or kiss their asses. They don't like me for this. I know they don't like me and to be honest, I don't care. My life has so much more going on in it and their pettiness does not even feature. May be its a way to get my attention - try again!

Being in the business I am, you make plenty of enemies & frenemies! You meet people from all walks of life - those who want to know you because of the position you hold and how you can help them - you know who you are and how you have lunched me when I was the editor of DRUM - they want to know you because they want to do what you do - someone once said to me when I was on radio; 'I am only your friend because I want to do what you do and I can do it better' You meet people who take advantage and then you meet those who hate you and don't even hide it. I have met them all!

To be honest I cannot make out who the sms could be from - all I can say is that I send that person love and light - plenty of love and light and thank him (or her) for giving me something to blog about.

No comments: